IT systems are increasingly exposed to attacks – whether through the network, via social engineering or through direct physical access, the list of attack possibilities is getting longer and longer. A similar development is also evident in Operational Technology (OT) or ICS/IACS (Industrial Automation and Control Systems), which are the systems that control technical and physical processes (like PLCs, DCS or SCADA systems). In order to know the risks for your own infrastructure and to be able to evaluate them objectively, a security assessment identifies and assesses existing vulnerabilities and security problems.
An important prerequisite for carrying out an assessment is the definition of the objective, the scope and the focus. Based on many years of experience, we work together with you to determine these aspects in advance in order to achieve the best result with the optimal use of resources.
Depending on the goals and the desired depth of the assessment we can offer different procedures for checking technical and organizational security aspects.
A security audit is focused on testing compliance with certain requirements from norms or standards. Depending on the customer’s requirements, we can provide support during preparation or conduct GAP analyses or audits. For certification audits we cooperate with accredited certification bodies where required. Among others, we can provide support for the following common standards:
- ISO/IEC 27001 – Information security management systems
- ISO/IEC 27018 – Protection of personally identifiable information (PII) in public clouds
- ISO/IEC 27701 – Extension to ISO 27001 for privacy information management
- IEC 62443-2-1 – Security program requirements for IACS asset owners
- IEC 62443-2-4 – Security program requirements for IACS service providers
- IEC 62443-3-2 – Security risk assessment for system design
- IEC 62443-3-3 – System security requirements and security levels
- IEC 62443-4-1 – Secure product development lifecycle requirements
- IEC 62443-4-2 – Technical security requirements for IACS components
- ETSI 303 645 – Cyber Security for Consumer Internet of Things – Baseline Requirements
- ÖNORM A7700 – Security of web applications
Security assessment according to NIS act
B-SEC better secure KG was appointed as a “qualified body” according to the Austrian implementation of the European NIS directive. We can therefore carry out security audits for operators of essential services to provide the required evidence for the implementation of security measures mandated by the Austrian NIS act.
Report on expert opinion
In this case the focus is to answer a specific question by an independent, qualified expert. We are happy to support you on any questions in the areas of IT, OT and IoT security. Thomas Bleier is a sworn and court-certified expert in this field.
The goal of a penetration test is to find weaknesses and vulnerabilities in systems or organizations. Depending on the requirements, we can perform penetration testing in the following areas:
- Network Penetration Testing – IT/OT systems and networks
- Web Application Pentesting – web applications and web interfaces
- Security analysis of IoT systems – analysis of vulnerabilities and threats for IoT architectures / devices / systems
- Social Engineering – testing the effectiveness of awareness measures
- Physical Penetration Testing – testing of physical security measures such as access control systems, etc.
- Red Team Assessment – holistic testing of organizations for vulnerabilities
- Vulnerability Assessment – Simple check of systems for known technical vulnerabilities
Contact us regarding your specific topic that should be tested: request